The School was founded on April 18, 1940 as Taipei Municipal Commercial and Industrial Professional School with mechanical, electrical and commercial departments, sponsoring the establishment of The Second Apprentice Training School that had trained many needed technical and business professionals. In 1946, after WWII, the school was renamed as Taipei Municipal Junior Vocational Industrial School, and that of The Second Apprentice Training School was Provincial Taipei Second Industrial Supplementary School.
With rapid economic growth and significant environmental changes in the late 1940's, the educational objectives and program sets originally were out of date. Consequently, in 1950, the senior education was served and renamed as Taipei Municipal Industrial School. In 1955, the school was ceased its junior school programs and received aids from the U.S. to renovate the equipments. To provide unit trade training, the school was renamed as Taipei Municipal Senior Vocational Industrial School in 1958.
In 1967, Taipei City became a special municipality by executive Yuan. Provincial Taipei Second Industrial Supplementary School which was previously sponsored by the school self was incorporated to the school as Senior Vocational Industrial Supplementary School.
In September 1981, Taipei Municipal Senior Vocational Industrial School was mandated to be named after its residential name Daan as Taipei Municipal Daan Vocational Industrial School.
In 1999, according to Supplementary and Continuing Education Regulation, Senior Vocational Industrial Supplementary School was renamed as The Senior Vocational Industrial Supplementary School Affiliated with Taipei Municipal Daan Vocational Industrial High School.
In August, 2001, in response to the current transformation of secondary education development, the Comprehensive High School Program was established.